Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Lincoln!!!!


Lincoln @ 12 Months

New food- corn chowder, asparagus, cranberry salad, beans, mushrooms, eggs w/ spinach and cheese , bites pizza and ice cream

You still don't like meat (chicken, ham, turkey)

You favorite foods right now are jello (you get so excited), ravioli, cottage cheese and spinach

You love to tease! If someone is holding you and someone else reaches to take you, you cry and do not want to go to them.

You love to be chased and to chase us.

Yesterday when we picked you up from Granny and Pewpaws you waved and said "hi dada"

You hated grass at first but you still prefer to walk on mulch, gravel, concrete, ect.

You have made it a whole year and never had to go to the doctor for being sick. Other than the virus a few weeks ago you have been so healthy! No ear infection, temperature or anything!!

Love being pampered- teeth brushed, hair brushed, fingernails/toe nails clipped, ears cleaned, lotion, massages ect.

You love playing in dirt, water, and rocks.
You can do a fake "aaachoo" and you love when people do that!
You love having your shoes and socks off in the car. If I ride in the back with you, you stick your foot up to my face and want me to kiss your foot!!
You love watching flags.
The month you have started being a Mamas boy! You know when I am about to leave in the morning after dropping you off and you want me to pick you up and cry when I put you down.
You love listening to Momaws wind chimes on the porch and shaking them yourself.
You wear 18 in shorts/pants and 24 months in shirts.
You have 8 teeth. 4 on top and 4 on the bottom.
You love firetrucks, big trucks and wave to them and say oooohh oooohh as they drive by.
You wave when someone says hi or bye-bye.
You don't say very many words. I know for sure you say bye-bye, hi, doggie, da da, ma ma but it's more like nuh nuh.
You do not like covers over your legs.
You dance has become more of an "Electric Shock" type thing.
You like to see what you can move (chairs, tables, etc) and fit behind (couches, chairs, etc)

Your schedule -

Normally wake up around 5:30 bottle and maybe back to sleep until 6 or 6:30

8:00 Breakfast (cereal w/ fruit)

9-10 Bottle and Nap

12 Lunch 3 jars of baby food sometimes you will have cottage cheese and ravioli or soup

1-2 Bottle and Nap

3 Snack jello or yogurt

6 Dinner I try to get you to eat at least one jar of baby food but you normally won't, ravioli, eggs w/ spinach or bites of what we eat along with a fruit or jello

8- Bottle and bedtime - While you were sick you got used to laying down and sleeping with us more nights. I am trying to get you to go to sleep on your own if you don't fall asleep on your bottle. It has been working and most nights it only takes around 20 minutes. I lay you down and leave the room for about 10 minutes while you are crying then I come back and lay you down again then sing to you and wait for you to fall asleep, which can take up to 20 min but sometimes less.

You will also have a few gold fish through out the day and water in your sippy cup!

I have no idea how we are going to take the bottle away from you because that is the only way you will take your naps! I look forward to what the doctor says on Monday.

No comments: