I cannot believe Andrew and I have been parents for a week already. We had to take Lincoln to have his jaundice checked on Tuesday. His jaundice level was 14.7 so he has had to be hooked up to a bilirubin light on his back 24 hrs a day for 3 days. It was so hard to feed him and hold him. He weighed 7.13 pounds and they said everything else looks good. Tomorrow we will take him back and hopefully everything will be fine. On Wednesday we took him to have his PKU test done. He didn't even cry or anything when they stuck him. I was so happy because I don't think I could have stood it. Breastfeeding is going good so far even though I don't think I will ever be able to do it in public. Usually he only cries when he is hungry or a dirty diaper. It's true about boys peeing everywhere and I had no idea how many clothes we would go through and it's only been a week.
So far his two biggest fans are Uncle Corey and Uncle Jeff.
I never knew I could love someone as much as I love him. I couldn't ever imagine my life without him. He has changed my life so much already and I cannot wait to see what mine and Andrew's journey with him holds.
One week old:
No comments:
Post a Comment