Friday, July 16, 2010

Pool Day

My mom called Wednesday and I ask if I would take off Thursday to take Lincoln the pool, so I did. Andrew had the day off so he came along and so did Momaw. Lincoln had a blast besides getting a bump on the head and me almost drowning him by going down the slide! He got the bump by pushing a girl out of the way and he came crashing down. At first I though he hit his mouth but a couple minutes later we saw the black bump over his right eye. Andrew took Lincoln down the slide first and they were fine. Andrew was going so slow he had to scoot his way down. I thought I could take Lincoln down be fine too. WRONG! I flew down and we both went under. What felt like 5 minutes was hopefully a couple of seconds. The whole time I was under I kept wondering why no one was helping us. I felt like I had lost Lincoln but I guess I had a hold of him the whole time. I finally got us both up and out of the water. Lincoln didn't even cry or act scared at all until I started freaking out. My legs were shaking and I couldn't move. From now on Andrew can take Lincoln if he wants to go. He did love the slide he was "ooooooing" and laughing the whole way down! After the pool we got cleaned up and heading the Bridge Road Fest. They had samples from all the restaurants on Bridge Road, music and fun for the kids. One our way home last night, with out us knowing Lincoln grabbed a hold of the loaf a bead and started munching away....



Relaxing with Granny in the lazy river-



No comments: